The Dating Game and Numbers: Just How Many People Can You Meet Online with a really good dating profile?
I often talk about how important it is to allow adequate time to use a dating site or dating app, such as Tinder, Match, POF and others. And not all sites are equal, but I’ cover that in detail in my book chapters The Love Seekers Guide to Online Dating and Scams: Dating Over 45 and Dating Over 50, 65 and 70.
How many views or clicks or swipes a day does a successful dating profile attract?
Average Numbers of Views, Swipes and Interest/Meet Me clicks or Kisses for a good dating profile.
- The right profile – the right images and good descriptions – should attract at least 50 views a day, per day, repeatedly for the first few weeks.
- This peak often relates to a new profile going up – and users searching for NEW faces, rather than the often-repeats who are failing at online dating due to poor profiles, awful photographs and poor search strategies, then it may potentially drop to about 20 a day.
- If you failed, contact me for the TIPS guide (send an enquiry on the contact page) as to how to revamp your profile and start again.
- Some top rating profiles which I helped create attracted over 100 views a day, with at least 20 to 40 clicks expressing interest in the dating profiles individual.
- Example: Day 1 – over 100 views and 24 emails; Day 2 – over 110 views and over 27 emails (sometimes the DATING SITE or DATING APP puts a trending profile in everyone’s INBOX, especially if you pay for their premium services OR you are getting a lot of clicks.
- Within 3 days, a good profile with good, recent photographs – should theoretically attract at least 30 views a day, repeatedly, and at least 2 to 5 contact emails or Mutual MEET ME indications PER day.
If, however, you have POOR photos, are very out of shape and haven’t hit the gym yet, say very little in your profile AND/OR have awful photographs on your profile page (you with a fish, you in a bathtub or without a shirt on staring at your gym mirror flexing your biceps, you very fuzzily or hiding your face) you will NOT win at these dating numbers odds.
Tick Boxes and Dating Profiles – Does being specific work?
Yes, being specific is important and one of the tenets of my book and dating coaching programs and workshops. Because you don’t JUST want anybody, you want someone you can live with, a ‘lover who won’t drive you crazy’ kind of person as the song goes. And as you approach your later years, you may become more tolerant of others foibles – sure, miracles can happen. But most likely, you’re becoming fussier and pickier as you age – not less so. (Of course, this does vary, some people just want a warm body next to them at night – and will take nearly anything. But the savvy daters who have a lot going for them, they are VERY, VERY fussy about who they want to talk with and meet and potentially partner with for the rest of their lives). As they should be – as all of us should be.
Specific Search Strategies for Online Dating – Tips and Scam Avoidance
Let’s face it – it’s a numbers game because if you’re like most people trying to date after 45, after 50 or after 60 and after 65 or 70, you are looking for a very specific person; one who may or may not exist, but in all likelihood, how you SEARCH for them is going to impact greatly on your chances of finding them.
But you’re also needing to avoid online dating scams, not waste too much time and energy or coffee and dinner money at this stage of life (it is, however, an investment of sorts as divorce costs a lot more than a few dinners with the wrong person OR a missed opportunity for love with the right person, just because you’re wanting to be cheap on dinner outings).
Why you have to be on online dating sites to meet people: Dating Statistics
If the stats above suit a well-structured, well written profile with great pics, then you can expect to have:
- At least 200 people viewing your profile per week (I can’t vouch for how many will READ it versus look at the photos, and this may vary from person to person and gender to gender)..
- You’ll have at least 20 people writing to you each week – making the first contact (this may depend on what your dating app requires to make contact, e,g. it might be just a swipe right or an expression of interest or mutual interest.
- Depending on your social skills. including manners and presentation, you’ll likely have an opportunity to TALK with – or MEET – at least 3 of those either by phone, coffee or drinks.
- So over a one month period, you should theoretically be able to meet or talk with at least 12 similarly minded individuals with some common interests or lifestyle factors.
Where else can you meet 12 individuals, potentially suitable for partnering, in one month?
- The answer: No where.
- And that’s why you NEED to be on online dating sites or using dating apps after the age of 45, after 50, after 60 and after 65 or 70, if you have any hope of finding a suitable partner.
BUT just using the apps isn’t enough.
- The majority of men and women over 45 and especially over 50, over 60/65 and over 70 – FAIL to attract a suitable partner with mutual affinity and compatible lifestyles.
- They become frustrated, disappointed and angry,
- They often leave the platform or dating app/online dating site they’ve chosen TOO soon, with their head hung low, and sadness in their heart.
Because they are getting it wrong.
How to write a great profile – and why your pictures and photographs count for at least 75% of your success rate with most other users.
Find out WHY in my book,, send a contact and stay up to date on tips for dating and avoiding online romance scams and suspect profiles.