Are online dating sites successful if you’re over 50 or over 60? What about your 70s – can you REALLY find love online?
Are you wanting to find love with online dating sites? What’s the failure vs success rate for online dating apps after 50?
It’s not an easy journey to look for love, online. Up to 80% of dating app users will fail, with 2 out of 10 being successful.
Online Dating Sites and Profile Photography Services for Seniors: Dating After 50
So WHAT can you DO to make your online dating profile MORE successful? Is there a method for attracting better partner(s) or reducing your rejection rates?
It’s not necessarily simple to search for love, online. But it’s not that difficult, either.
It’s simply that MOST PEOPLE who use online dating apps after the age of 50, 60 or 70:
- have NO IDEA how to make their PHOTOS and PROFILES stand out
- use the WRONG photos and word choices
- engage in HOPELESS (or shall I say, overly hopeful over-reaching) search strategies
And 8 of 10 older online daters fail.
They may give up on searching altogether and/or resort themselves to a life of loneliness.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
That’s why we offer custom-tailored profile reviews, best-look profile photography and mid-life relationship coaching for selected clients in their 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond.
Can you really find a partner online? Will better photos, profile writing and dating coaching really help?
- This is THE most frequently asked question of people exploring going onto DATING SITE(s) in their midlife years (over 50, over 60 or later)
- There are many different levels of technical skills required to use internet dating apps – PLUS a NEED to know which approaches will actually WORK
- So this site helps people over 50, over 60 and beyond, learn HOW to make the most of digital dating opportunities
- It’s the BEST tips and tricks for successful mid-life love seeking
Creating an profile and learning to use dating sites effectively (like TINDER) – after turning 50 or 60 – isn’t rocket science. But it ISN’T an inherent skill set, either. It needs to be learned.
So we created our ONLINE DATING TIPS and PROFILE and PHOTO REVIEW website,
Why I created ONLINE DATING PROFILE TIPS for older people (Seniors, Sexy 70s, 60s, 50s and more)
After over 10 years of coaching middle-age individuals after a bereavement, breakup or divorce, I’ve come up with several recommended methods for creating online dating profiles and photos that work.
My tips are easy to follow and can make a BIG difference in your experience with online dating sites.
The differences having TIPS make relates to JUST how frustrating – OR successful – your experience will end up being, as you learn to use online dating sites and apps effectively to search for mid-life love.
Do you need help with online dating profiles or search strategies?
Not everyone who uses online dating sites or top dating apps is digital savvy and profile adept.
- If you’ve been struggling with too many knockbacks and online rejections, you’ve come to the RIGHT place
- Our tips are inspired and guided by real experiences and true stories that resulted in FEWER rejections and MORE connections
Benefits of DATING PROFILE TIPS
- Save time and money over the longer run
- Learn patience AND avoid frustration and disappointment
- Learn easy to use methods for online dating profiles and photos/photography
- Read dating app reviews and dating profile reviews by REAL people looking for love in mid-life decades
- Find out if you’re actually READY for online dating – click here to take the QUIZ!
Finding the right shoe – how to find the right FIT.
Not every person you THINK will be a FIT – either on paper or IN dating profile mode – will actually be a suitable MATCH for you.
So you need to approach ONLINE DATING sites as if you’re taking an online dating journey, not a quick one-way flight to love.
The truth about online dating is that it’s more like a TREK or long-channel swim than it is a direct flight. It’s more a meander than it is an arrow. But there are STEPS you can take to increase your SUCCESS rate when searching for a suitable partner.
- In fact, finding the right FIT using online dating profile searches is like finding a comfortable pair of shoes when you have a very special type of foot.
- There is NO ONE SIZE fits all – and there’s NO ONE SITE fits all.
- And the more you try on (the more people you meet or the more profiles you review), the more you will LEARN about what WILL and WON’T suit you
It’s not an easy journey, but it doesn’t have to be frustratingly difficult, either.
- That said, your attitude counts.
- You must be willing to give it time, to have patience and resilience, and to learn the profile writing tips and tricks that work – and those that don’t.
- In the words of Dr Seuss in his book OH THE PLACES YOU’LL GO, “you’ll meet many strange [creatures] as you go….so remember to step with great care and great tact…”
More about GOOD online dating profile and search approaches in my book, the LOVE SEEKERS GUIDE to online dating sites in mid-life – click here to request information on ordering the book.
Online dating isn’t the ONLY solution for loneliness after a bereavement, breakup or divorce. Perhaps just adopt a dog….another cat….or goldfish?
Good alternatives to ONLINE DATING sites and APPS
Online dating is one of the MOST effective modern ways to meet a partner; but only if you’re using sites correctly. The alternative to dating sites IS, of course, to get OUT into your community a bit more, and live a fuller life. Still, it takes the time it takes, and these things can’t be rushed. The trick is to avoid high rates of rejection – frequently caused by common profile mistakes.
Other alternatives to dating sites or dating apps:
- Attend a variety of meetups, find a new hobby or return to a former pastime that you loved, or consider reigniting the attention of a former flame (only if it didn’t end badly and they’re actually a worthy person of your attention, plus in the right age range for you)
- If you decide it’s too much effort – consider adopting a rescue pet
MIDLIFE TIP: ADOPT (not shop) a RESCUE dog or other pet from your local RSPCA or the Australian PETRESCUE site.
- Having a pet that needs daily walking is another great way for over 50s to stay fit PLUS
- Meet other animal lovers at the dog-walk park or off-lead beach area or dog-friendly cafes
We don’t necessarily recommend this although we DO love to see DOGS FOR EVERYBODY – but it IS an option if you find looking for love via online dating sites a bit of a challenge.
But if you want help, read on – and be sure you browse our top dating tip blogs for online dating apps like Tinder, Facebook,, Match, EHarmony and Elite Singles, to name a few.
The first step to successful online dating IS to get your PROFILE PHOTOS and writing right,
What we’re talking about here is your DATING PROFILE for today’s most popular dating apps such as Silver Singles, Bumble, Tinder, Facebook, Match, Eharmony, Elite Singles, RSVP, PlentyofFish and more.
Not your LINKEDIN profile or FACEBOOK page profile (but those need to be fixed up also, as prospective partners may search for you online – cyber-stalking you – before they meet you). (Contact us for tips for avoiding your prospective dates from finding your social media pages too early, before you meet them and/or decide they’re a safe, reliable prospect).
Done properly, you could find yourself in the TOP 100 Dating Profiles for your age group.’
Our e-books, blogs and resources for older people using online dating apps shows you how to:
- presenting yourself ATTRACTIVELY AND AUTHENTICALLY
- describe your preferences and tell your personal story in an ENGAGING manner
- get CLEAR on what you’re wanting
- understand the importance of being REALISTIC about what you CAN attract
- ensure your Dating PROFILE STANDS OUT from the crowd
- be age honest without losing viable prospects
Be sure to read our blog: “HOW MANY PEOPLE LIE ABOUT THEIR AGE on their ONLINE DATING SITE profiles?”
That’s right, we’re talking about HONESTY – but we’re also talking about telling the truth about yourself, attractively, to attract more suitable potential partners.
Find out more about our Over 50s, Over 60s and Over 70s ONLINE DATING TIPS and other dating services resources.
- Visit our online dating profile tips blog (click here)
- Check out our personalised PROFILE REVIEW SERVICES on our Online Dating Solutions Service Section (scroll down);
IF you want personalised coaching assistance, which can be done IN PERSON at a cafe in Melbourne or Sydney (,by appointment) OR by Skype, ZOOM or FACETIME – from anywhere in the world – send us an email from our contact page.
Before you scan our service listings and profile template offers, who are we and how do we help mid-life online daters?
Hi, I’m Connie M, and I’ve been working in the healthcare services and psychological well-being sectors for over 20 years. In brief, I’ve studied psychology, marketing and relationship counselling as well as loss and grief from midlife changes from divorce to bereavement to disability.
I’m well aware of the struggles of individuals over 50, 60 and 70 or beyond in terms of finding a partner with whom to spend their final years or decades.
- Change – especially later in life – an wreak havoc on your health and well-being at a time you may need – or want – a partner most.
- It can be especially daunting, challenging or frustrating to search for a new partner when your find yourself suddenly alone after an unwanted separation, painful divorce or unexpected bereavement – even if you felt you were prepared.
It’s even harder to enter the new territory of online dating for over 50s, 60s and beyond IF it’s been a very long time since you’ve last been single. Entering the dating forum today has changed significantly over the last 5 to 7 years.
So dating in mid-life over 40, over 50, over 60 and beyond – is all NEW and different today thanks to smart phones and dating apps becoming mainstream methods for meeting partners, lovers, spouses and friends.
So I’ve created some resources, including books, videos and podcasts, to help the over 50s, over 60s and sexy 70s love seekers around the world.
To help you be more efficient in your searching, more honest in your profile, and more discerning about where you spend your dating time – in person and online.
Because as we age, time is one of our most precious commodities. While you need to be patient to find your love using online or community-project methods, there’s no sense wasting time on soul-destroying search methods or poorly written profiles that are likely to cause REJECTION by the very people you WANT to meet MOST!
Online Dating Services for Seniors – Over 50s, Over 60s and Sexy 70s.
Profile Creator – Online Dating Profile Tips
First time online? Or worried you’re not a great writer? Need help picking photos?
Fill in a form online or phone us to join our VIP e-newsletter – get a no-charge PDF copy of our TOP ONLINE DATING CREATIVE PROFILE CREATION TIPS (PDF downloadable format).
You’ll then be signed up to our fortnightly e-newsletter with real stories of how people navigated the top 10 online dating sites with creative profile approaches.
Too many knockbacks? Reduce your rejection rate.
Profile Checker – Get your Profile Checked to increase responses and save on time, money and frustration.
Find out what you’re doing RIGHT and what can be improved with an assessment and report of 12 things to do to improve your profile and response rate.
Cost: $69.95 per single profile (USD/AUD)
What the PROFILE CHECKER package gets you:
- A basic rewrite suggestion aimed at increasing your online appeal
- A list of 10 to 30 things you could do or say differently to reduce rejection
- An assessment and rating of up to 10 photos you’d like to use (or are currently using)
- A copy of our ULTIMATE GUIDE to GETTING YOUR PROFILE PHOTOS RIGHT (normally $9.95 if purchased separately)
Allow up to 5 business days for your profile review and rewrite response; delivered via email (PDF format)..
Will a PROFILE REVIEW or PHOTO ASSESSMENT really help me SUCCEED with online dating profiles?
Success with online dating if you’re over 50, over 60 or in your 70s, depends on many factors.
For most people, but not all, the answer is YES – a profile review or rewrite – along with personal coaching via Skype, Facetime or Facebook or Zoom – can be incredibly helpful in improving your success rate.
Read the TESTIMONIALS section from people I have written profiles for, photographed and/or coached.
NOTE: If you think spending $50 on a profile review is expensive, consider how much wasted time and stamps or swipe options is going to cost you when you’re using an ineffective profile. The loss in POSITIVE responses alone – from a person you’d really like to meet – may cost you a chance for a relationship you might really enjoy.
See any funds put towards your online dating experience as an INVESTMENT in your future – and if you think it’s not worth it, then avoid online dating and try your luck in the local coffee cafe, grocery store, Sunday market or pubs – the costs will likely be about the same, but with targeted profile strategies, honesty and realism, you’re much more likely to succeed with online dating.
Personalised Online Dating Profiles Coaching & Search Strategy Help
If you want personalised support to get yourself going online, to SAVE time and MONEY on the top 10 dating websites, we offer online coaching by appointment, using Skype, Facetime, Zoom or Whatsapp..
Send us an enquiry today to get started and read our TOP 10 Online Dating Blogs full of TIPS, TRICKS and PITFALL WARNINGS.
Don’t sit around waiting for the phone to ring – connect to the RIGHT prospective partners for you with the RIGHT profile and SEARCH strategy using our handy tips and profile review services. We even have ONLINE coaching available for people who really want to search for love online, without making the common mistakes that limit their chances. Of all the times in life you may have thought you needed help, never are the stakes so high as in online dating when you’re over 50, over 60 or over 70 and beyond.